HOW TO JOIN
The annual subscription for an individual is $35 and for a couple at the same address $40.
Subscriptions are payable to: The Treasurer, 233 Cameron Road, Tauranga, 3110.
For payments using online banking, please contact the Society's treasurer by Email for account details.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Monthly meetings give members the opportunity to hear local stories.
- Annual subscription to a local history magazine - the Historical Review is published biannually.
- Newsletters keep members up to date on Society and heritage news.
- Opportunities to care for the Brain Watkins House Museum including restoring the garden, working with the collection and historical research related to the house and the Brain family.
- Become a guide showing visitors through the house and sharing its stories.
- A chance to be part of special events like Jazz in the Garden, exhibitions and local lecture series
- Organised trips to museums and heritage sites.
- Participate in local history research and oral history program.
- A chance to advocate for the care and preservation of heritage in Tauranga
The Whakatane & District Historical Society publishes a biannual journal to which members of the Tauranga Historical Society often contribute. The Historical Review (Bay of Plenty Journal of History) aims to present research and reference material relating to the history, prehistory and archaeology of the Bay of Plenty and surrounding districts. It was first published in 1958 and currently has a worldwide circulation.
The Society also publishes monographs and memoirs on various aspects of New Zealand History.
The journal is free to members of the Whakatane & District Historical Society and Tauranga Historical Society. Non-members may purchase copies of the journal by contacting the Secretary of the Whakatane & District Historical Society.
Editors: F. Kean and T. Jordan